Services to Treat the Whole Person
Integrating dental, medical, and mental healthcare in one location
- Well child exams and immunizations
- Adult preventative care
- General medical care for adults
- Care for minor emergencies including most lacerations
- Sports injury management
- Work related injuries and health problems
- Routine women's care
Behavioral Health & Psychiatry
- Weight loss, smoking cessation, dental phobia, pain management, and healthy lifestyle counseling
- Solution focused cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety and depression and other mental health issues
- Telepsychiatry appointments, evaluations, and medical management (as per brochure)
- Crowns and bridges
- Children's dentistry
- Hygiene, education, and prevention
On-site at the Clinic
- Telemedicine and telepsychiatry with links to UC Davis specialists and other medical centers
- Blood drawing for lab tests
- Sigmoidoscopy for colon cancer screening
- Cardiovascular profiler machine
The Sierra Family Medical Clinic strives to keep fees modest for the care we provide. We accept almost all insurance programs as well as Medi-Cal and Medicare. If you do not have health insurance and your income is limited, you may qualify for our sliding scale fees. We also offer no-interest payment plans if you are not able to pay us in full at the time of service.
If you have questions about whether you qualify for our sliding scale fees, please drop by and talk with a staff person at the front desk. Or give them a call at 292-3478.
The Clinic also participates in the Child Health and Disability Prevention Program (CHDP), a state program of healthcare for eligible children. If your children qualify, our office staff can help you enroll them in the program.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) we will treat everyone regardless of their ability to pay if it is appropriate within the scope of our services.
Office Hours & Scheduling Appointments
Important! In the event of serious medical or dental emergency, call 911 right away.
Visits at the Sierra Family Medical Clinic are mainly by appointment. Please call 292-3478 to schedule an appointment with our staff. For any urgent medical problem or minor emergency, we will make every effort to see you right away.
Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Closed noon to 1:30 for lunch.)
Saturday: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
How to reach us after hours:
A member of our medical staff is always on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For after-hours medical questions or concerns that can't wait, call us at 292-3478. You will be connected to a receptionist at our answering service who will then contact our staff. Our staff member will call you back to discuss your need, and if necessary, arrange to meet you at the Clinic. We can also help you decide whether it is more appropriate for you to be treated at the hospital emergency room.
Because we live in a rural area with spotty cell-phone service, sometimes our on-call staff do not receive their paged calls right away. You should expect a return call within 20 minutes of speaking with our answering service. If you have not heard from anyone after 20 minutes has passed, please call us again at 292-3478 to let the answering service know you have not received a return call.
Although the Clinic is equipped to deal with minor medical emergencies, in the event of serious injury or life-threatening illness immediately CALL 911.